Some updates are needed for what's now happening at CoThrive -- a lot has changed since we launched in January 2015...
At this point we have two tracks that members can join -- a business membership or a time bank membership.
Business membership - fee: $30/month or $300/year
The business membership includes low cost access to top-rated social media and online marketing help. Attendees elsewhere pay $800/day each to attend group training from Kathy Sipple. Members of CoThrive get access to the same expertise, but instead pay just $1/day for 24 hours of access to online meetings each month. Our members come from as far away as Australia and as close as a few blocks away from where we are based in Valparaiso, Indiana. Because we're online, you can truly join from anywhere, though if you're on the other side of the world, you may need to adjust your sleep habits to meet during our scheduled times.
What can I learn? Search engine optimizaiton basics, how to build a Wordpress website, how to build an opt-in email marketing account, how to optimize your social media profiles for inbound marketing, content development strategies, technical how to's and much more. Kathy Sipple is also a Reiki Master & Teacher, so she brings some calming zen-like energy to your marketing and helps you tackle tough projects in small, bite-sized manageable chunks. It's also a great way to network with other like minded small business owners and entrepreneurs -- often members form friendships and sometimes end up doing business together outside of CoThrive.
Not sure if a business membership is right for you? You can try it free for 30 days to test it out. Membership in the CoThrive Time Bank is an additional benefit to business members who wish to be a part of it.
Time Bank Membership
Anyone can join the time bank. You absolutely don't have to be a business owner and odds are, you're not. Time banking is a great way for everyone to share their skills regardless of their age, ethnicity, gender, or any other status you can think of. There are time banks located all over the world; CoThrive Time Bank is headquartered in Valparaiso, Indiana, thus most of our members tend to be located within about an hour's radius. However, members can trade hours between time banks so even here, location doesn't have to be an issue. There is no cost to join the time bank, but we do need support from members to stay afloat. Recommended annual donation is $25/year for an adult or $40/year for a 2-person household (kids are free.) If you are not able to donate at that level, scholarships are available or you may contribute additional hours to help the time banks with tasks and events to supplement or replace a lower donation level. To join, click here to get started.
A Blast from Our Past: From the Archives...
This was the original wording posted on CoThrive's homepage when it launched in January 2015. It has grown and morphed a little as time has passed, but these words held true. What we said was going to happen pretty much happened. Though the time bank features took a bit longer than expected, the time bank is now very much a part of the offerings.
Here’s the gist of what we will be manifesting here:
- We’ll be building up the noosphere, the thinking layer of the earth. We are a conscious community of co-creators, dedicated to aggregating, developing and sharing the most uplifting and thought provoking content available online that fosters spiritual growth and innovation.
- Inspiration, networking and business coaching for members with great ideas that need help getting the word out. We will offer free and discounted premium online training and coaching for members. Administrative services will also be available at competitive rates.
- Job skills and employment opportunities. Unemployed, under employed and simply curious people who want to master new technology skills will build their knowledge base while making a difference through hands on volunteer learning. With the practical knowledge they gain, they can apply for paid opportunities within the community or can choose to seek employment elsewhere to put their new found skills to work.
- Support for great causes. We will produce original content for our selected partner and We’ll also be building this site by working cooperatively.
- Mastermind opportunities. We will connect like-minded members in small groups to promote further growth.
- Best practices. We see this as an experiment in spiritual economics. We will invite experts to speak to our members about best practices.We will document and share what we learn here via articles, interviews and other sharing.
Paying members who don’t wish to help build the site, but just want to learn to improve their online media presence for their business or cause can do so in a socially responsible way and in a mutually supportive environment. They’ll have the added satisfaction of knowing they are helping to create jobs for others. Members will need to agree to a code of conduct that honors synergy, open mindedness and continuous improvement.
We plan to use time banking to facilitate the exchange of ideas and services between CoThrive and its members as well as among its members.
Donors who wish to support this work may do so, whether or not they wish to participate in other aspects of the site’s mission. We will be pursuing non-profit status — we’ll update here when that’s final.
A portion of the proceeds paid to the site by members and donors will be donated to charitable causes. For our inaugural cause partner we have chosen Conscious Evolutionaries Chicagoland since our missions are in close alignment. When we do well, we will help them grow.