An online audience gathered for my live brand birthing experience last week, possibly the first event of its kind... I'm not sure.
This approach might not work for everyone, but I found it beneficial in many ways.
- Accountability. It forced me to commit to action steps I would complete, every day.
- Insights. I received valuable, just-in-time input as I made critical decisions about the brand.
- Valuable input. At the end, I felt like the attendees were co-creators, more like family than "participants".
- Challenge. I'm okay with not being perfect, but some parts were a little messy. Knowing that people were watching and offering me great feedback gave me the incentive to stay up late, get up early and use a little more-than-usual elbow grease to implement suggestions and pull things together.
- Joy. It made me very happy to share my creation with others, much more so than if I would have remained under wraps until it was "ready". When will anything ever be ready?
I'm adding video of my day-by-day brand birth here if you'd like to take a look.
After a long day of labor yesterday, it's time to rest today.